Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have had the chance to try both helmets?

I am wondering two things:

Do they fit the same (head shape & size)?

Which one is better vented?

Thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the X-11 and I'm very happy with it. Lots of air passing through, almost too much for the chilly days we have here.

I tried both helmets before buying and found the X-11 to be much more comfortable. The X-11 is the only helmet that seems to fit my head properly. And to give you an idea of shape it's similar to Arai Signet and Shark RSR2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, I am far from a store so I cannot try them on, I will have to buy over the net and having a hard time deciding which way to go.

The reason I want the ventilation is I am in Saudi Arabia, there are no cold days here!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much, I am far from a store so I cannot try them on, I will have to buy over the net and having a hard time deciding which way to go.

The reason I want the ventilation is I am in Saudi Arabia, there are no cold days here!
Very risky buying a helmet without trying it on first, safety fit and comfort being the top three. Make sure you visit the manufactures website and size your head accordingly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RF1000 is their "round" offering, the X-11 is more relaxed toward "oval", front to back. If you can't try them on, then make sure you can return it for a perfect fit. Cheekpad thickness can be another factor in the feel of the fit, but take them out to check the shape of the head.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the measurement thing online (59cm Large) and am sure I fit a 59cm Large on Vemar as that is what I have now.

Scout has a similar shaped head to me based on his fitting of the same helmet and fits Large in Shoei as well.

However head diameter and shape are completely different things. So that is what I am trying to figure out,

Based on reviews the X-Eleven and the RF-1000 fit the same shape head, oval, but not sure which one is more oval and which one might be more something else, like how you for example fit one better then the other.

It's harder then it sounds!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm, front to back you mean if I look down on the top of my head?
Yep. The RF-1000 is definitely a more true round shape. It's not your face you are considering. Facial structure is acounted for with cheekpads, though cheekpads of the wrong thickness can push the head back and forth within the helmet, which is why you should try it for proper fit with them removed, then place them in to snug it to your face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do everything you can to try one on. I've ridden with Shoei for over a decade and think that they're a high-quality helmet. This year I wanted to replace my RF900 with a 1000 but for some reason it didn't fit me at all. I decided to switch to Arai b/c the fit was THAT much better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh god, do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture of the shape of the top of your head?! It took me like 5 tries!!

Anyways, my head is long front to back then it is side to side, but it is not a total oval shape either.... it looks kinda hmm more like an egg or something, round at the back but tapering to the face area...

Does that make sense?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try on the Arai quantum F. Their helmets are more longer fm front to back than they are side to side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tip. Perhpas I will fly out to London and run around to some shops.
The Arai Quantum F has recently been replaced in their line-up with the Profile model. They both may be slightly more oval-shaped than the X-11. The real point is though, that it will take a well-trained eye to get an idea of the shape of your head from the top. The only smart way to go about it is to try them on, and not feel the fit on your face. You are looking for pressure points at the front (or back) or sides of the helmet. THe best fit will not have any pressrue points, and the cheekpads will simply keep it snug in the right position on your face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thank you very much.

I am going to fly over to the UK for a few days, and I will go to a big store I found online that has tons of stock to try on. Shoei and Arai!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would have to agree with half the resposes here I too have an X-Eleven and I love the fit and the overall comfort of the helmet. I have never had any problems with it and the ventelation is awsome..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts