Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there owns both helmets? Comparisons? Noise level, comfort, etc... I've owned the RF1000 for almost 3yrs. Solid Anthracite. Thinking about getting a vemar vsr. Did some digging around and read review from web bike world, but would like the opinions of org members.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the Vemar VSR. I like it a lot, though I must say it isn't the best of craftmanship. Let me explain:
1) The top vent easily cracked
2) The design flakes off. The flake only began due to my cracking of the fragile outer shell.
3) The wind-deflector in front of mouth assembly inside comes apart. I've lost the front under flap thing because it frequently fell off.
4) Its quite noisy.

I don't own an RF1000, so I can't compare both helmets.
I have the red chrome paint scheme of the VSR.

Besides the above mentioned, the helmet is quite light, it has anti-fog shield, and the shield is easy to remove. If asked whether I would buy the helmet again I would say it depends on whether it will be used at a track or for everyday riding. I say this helment is really for the track and not really for street-every day riding, due to the fragile outer shell.

Um...that's it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a vsr red chrome and the carbon fiber. This has been one of my favorite helmets so far (I liked it so much I bought two). I haven't had any of the problems Goatsie had with his, but the helmet is noisy. It flows a lot of air. I wear ear plugs so it doesn't matter to me.

Here's a link to a review of the VSR. I have the same color and it's bright :eek:
Vemar Motorcycle Helmet - webBikeWorld

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pros and cons. Now I have to decide buy a second helmet just because I'm itching to get a great deal.:smilebig:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts