Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone wear a leather riding jacket and pants? I have been wearing a Cotech Tourmaster, I was thinking of getting a leather jacket and pants this season. Will they keep me cool/warm enough, how will they do in rain? Any info/advice will be great. :huh:
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thrl-skr said:
Does anyone wear a leather riding jacket and pants? I have been wearing a Cotech Tourmaster, I was thinking of getting a leather jacket and pants this season. Will they keep me cool/warm enough, how will they do in rain? Any info/advice will be great. :huh:
I might be in the minority here on a board with such a strong track following, but I prefer modern textiles over leather any day, at least for street riding. They are (generally) lighter, cooler, more water repellent, less expensive and, in the case of the best made garments like the Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-piece, they rival the protection of cowhide . . . at least according to some folks who've fallen in both.

If I ever get away from my Cortech jacket and JR Ballistic pants in favor of something else (read: find the money laying around for a $700+ suit), it will be for a Roadcrafter 1-pc and nothing else.

http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chain's baaaaaaaaaack!

Thrl-Skr, what state do you live in? I fairly recently purchased a 1 piece leather suit, and wear it as much of the year as possible (this is in Tucson, AZ). It gets hot enough here in the summer that I must resort to a textile jacket and leather pants (for part of the year, and even they are extremely hot and uncomfortable), but I would rather be sweaty and uncomfortable than sacrifice a bunch of my skin. My $ .02.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wear my 2pc AGV leathers when going on rides, and my JR Reactor jacket for short rides or riding to work in the hot summer. :cool:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacchus said:
Chain's baaaaaaaaaack!

Thrl-Skr, what state do you live in? I fairly recently purchased a 1 piece leather suit, and wear it as much of the year as possible (this is in Tucson, AZ). It gets hot enough here in the summer that I must resort to a textile jacket and leather pants (for part of the year, and even they are extremely hot and uncomfortable), but I would rather be sweaty and uncomfortable than sacrifice a bunch of my skin. My $ .02.
I live in VA, don't get me wrong the Cortech is ok. It's supposed to be waterproof but now it's starting to leak. I treated it with some nikwax to reproof it, but it didn't work. That was what the manufacturer suggested. I need something that works better than what I have, I just want to stay :cool: and dry.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leather offers the best protection, but it's not at all waterproof, so you'd need a rainsuit to throw on over it. Not much is 100% waterproof. I used to use a rubberized nylon type Fieldsheer rainsuit over my leathers and a bit of water still found it's way in. Plus I was soaked from sweating in it, as it didn't breathe. I have an Aerostitch now for street riding and it's a great compromise. I stay dry in all but the heaviest rains, as water will make it's way in around the zippers eventually. And no stopping to try and wrestle into a rain suit on the side of the road.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st gear textile jacket and ocassionally Motoport textile pants. I wear a Difi Full Kevlar suit at the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
CBRBob said:
1st gear textile jacket and ocassionally Motoport textile pants. I wear a Difi Full Kevlar suit at the track.
:wstupid: I love all my First Gear...uh, gear and I also have a 2 piece Teknic leather suit. But for most of the riding I do, it's textiles all the way :thumb:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wear 1st gear leather year round. It's hot when the temps go much over 90, and starts to hurt above 110, but I just drink a lot of water before my ride. They're fine in the winter. Like others, I've got a cheapy rain suit I throw over my cow hide when it rains.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CBRBob said:
1st gear textile jacket and ocassionally Motoport textile pants. I wear a Difi Full Kevlar suit at the track.
Do you have a link for the company?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top