Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A while back there was a post about a BR getting water into the engine. The poster then found out his air box was not sealed properly.
Extremerancher02 posted a process to install a snorkel.
Seeking fresher air I started this install today. Take a look at the picture of the stock air intake tube I pulled off today.
If you don’t install a snorkel it would be worth a look at your stock intake tube.
Water ingestion could shorten your ride, not to mention cost you some $$

·
Registered
117 Posts
ohhh that sux Chip how did the snorkel install go? ohh and i for got to tell you i put a 2" rubber collar in between the 22.5's and the 45's so i could pull it on and off fairly easy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for asking, the snorkel is not completely done. Doing other things at the same time as well as attending to the honey do list. I’m taking pictures along the way as you did for documentation.
In Florida, unless you’re on private land, slopping thru mud holes is frowned upon (Rangers can also fine you) . So that said there was no sign of water in my air box. Had there been a metal support band inside the end of that intake tube it would not allow the intake tube to collapse. I just wonder how many others are out there? :idunno:
I travel a fair amount this week so I doubt any work will be done until this weekend (so much for evening rides). :crying:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I looked at mine this weekend when I was changing the oil. It looks like I will have to go back and had a closer look. I tend to spend some time in deep water so it looks like a snorkel maybe in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.