Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience w/ these, read that it was Rider magazine's choice for best helmet $150-$250. I tried one on and it felt real comfortable. It was the v 800 model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know of the v 800 model but my EXO700 ROCKS! I would go so far as to say the only helmet possibly better is a Shoei RF1000. Well its not the only one that is better but i was thinking price point. AGV Titech is supposed to be a good helmet. For the price you just can't beat Scorpion. I won't even pick up another KBC... i have read numerous complaints about the KBC line of helmets(full face).

Don't buy any helmet online, unless you have tried it on personally. Too many factors when buying a new helmet that could lead to you being very unhappy... try one on first. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya exo 700 thats the ticket! thanx for the feed back. I was pretty impressed w/ the liner and all looking forward to getting the white scorpion design w/ ever clear mirrored sheild.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In September I plan on buying a new EXO 700. Mine is will be two years old then and dropped it a few times by mistake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an exo-700 best helmet I've owned, replaced my arai signet. Wouldn't change back even if both were the same price.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every head is different. If it fits your head comfortably then it is good. As long as it has a snell or DOT sticker then it meets the rule for the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the new EXO1000 helmets with the built-in shades.

How does the sizing run on the Scorpion helmets? (Is it similar to HJC/Shoei)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe Scorpion Exo helmet sizes run small compared to HJC. KBC runs small too i think.

About the EXO-1000 try them on before you buy.. i hear the liner pump doesn't really help.. just squeezes your head and makes it feel like it's gonna pop lol. But try one on and see what you think. I like the colors for the EXO1000 line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the EXO 700 and love it. I can also get a photochromatic lens, in the mail, so I am legal night and day without changing lenses. I live in a very humid place and have never had it fog either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cant say more about the EXO 700, great helmet and I'm not planning on buying anything else. GO GET IT!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a Shoei X-11 Norick and an EXO400 and love them both. For the money, you CANNOT beat Scorpion. Fit and finish rock for a $150 lid. The Shoei has more features and is quieter, but the price difference (~$500) is deal-killer. Only reason I bought the X-11 is I stole it for $275 brand new from a guy who never got a chance to use. I would buy the EXO 400 again for a track cover or street.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nick, buy a Scorpion helmet and you will notice the difference in quality and air flow. The Scorpion is probably more quiet also. The EXO400 is an awesome deal at $150.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have had several helmets, HJC, KBC, Scorpion, and Arai. I do like the Arai the best out of all of them but at $500 it is a little pricey. The HJC became a passenger helmet really quickly (less than 1000 miles). I got a scorpion and rode about 8 or 9000 miles in it and bought a KBC VR2 in the mean time that I rode about 6 or 7000 miles in. The Scorpion and KBC's were both good helmets. The KBC was the best looking but the wind noise and the fog accumulating on the shield were a huge pain. The Scorpion never once fogged on me and was great for muffling out the sound of the 4 to 1 Akro can I had on the Busa I was riding. Scorpion is an excellent helmet, and not just for the price. The only thing I found better in my Arai was the air flow and the fact that I could go faster due to my wallet having less money in it. Sadly, the Scorpion was dropped one night and made a sound like a cracked broom handle. It was laid to rest in a dumpster a few moments later. Sleep well dear friend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought a KBC VR2. No complaints yet. Kinda nice, Now I put the Arai as a passenger helmet due to the ugly yellow color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My first helmet was a Scorpion 400. My second (current) helmet is an AGV Stealth. My next helmet will be a Scorpion.

I paid less than $150 for the Scorpion 400 and more than twice that for the AGV. IMO, the Scorpion brand is just as good as (if not equal to) a pricer helmet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.