Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well winter is here and i doubt if ill be getting the bike out too many more times till spring. since my garage is a detached i'd like to have a little more security than just a garage door and a glass window. so i was just thinking of somehow running a heavy cable through the swingarm and attaching it to the floor. are there any other ideas or ways to approach this situation?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put an alarm on the garage and bike. When you weave the cable be sure it is long enough to go through both tires and the frame. If there is a pole or support beam in the garage wrap it around that as well.

As my dad used to say, "LOCKS, are for honest thieves".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the bike on stands, which is good practice anyway, remove the wheels and put them in the house. I'd be pretty surprised if someone still wants it without wheels, or even if they can shift it :) But a good loud alarm still makes me feel good....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sink a ginormous eyebolt in the cement floor and then chain the bike (through the frame) to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't remeber the name of the company but there is one that makes these brackets that bolt to the floor and then the wheel of the bike goes on top of it, then another plate goes over the wheel and connects to the bracket on the floor. I've seen pictures of them and they look impossible to get off once secured, I'll see if I can figure out the name of the company and make another post. Also, I know a guy who had a motorcycle stolen from the garage with a lock connected to a huge beam on the bike, that sucks. I don't like alarms on bikes personally because I've seen many dead batterys as a result, I don't really have a need for the alarm though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take the bike apart into pieces. Then it will be covered under the homeowner's insurance.

You might be surprised how many suspension pieces need fresh grease and sand removal. When the bike is back together in the springtime, its showroom new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rotorblade said:
you're saying if its assembled it will not be covered under my home insurance?
That's what my insurance guy told me also, unless it is stated in you policy and usually has to be added.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts