Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a RSF2i Smoke Sahrk helmet and it is brilliant. Light, comfy and relativley minimal wind noise. Also good construction and affordable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love my RSR2. So light, the whole idea behind the crumple-zones is very reassuring, the visor is so much thicker than normal visors, and it vents so damn well. Oh, but it's noisy as hell. That's why I normally wear earplugs though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking at the Shark RSX with the flag paint onit and the reviews are great but I have all ways had Arai helments and it's hard to change.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EEEEK>. look out! the helmet nazi's are coming.. i can sense the skepticism already.. i think if you like it get it..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking at the Shark RSX with the flag paint onit and the reviews are great but I have all ways had Arai helments and it's hard to change.

Well as far as fit goes, Arai's RX7 has always fit me far better than any Shoei or KBC helmet I've ever had. And of course way better than any of those old HJC helmet's I've had. But the Shark RSR2 fit me even better than the RX7 Corsair did. Not sure how the RSX would fit but I think it should be similar, since I haven't heard anything about Shark creating different shape helmets like Arai does.

Jacobflyin, if you haven't had a chance to try one on yet, the only two dealerships around here that I know carry Shark helmets are Capitol Yamaha and GoMoto, both of them on Auburn Blvd around the corner from our shop. Not sure if Capitol Yamaha still carries them since they were bought out not too long ago by Carmichael Honda, but it can't hurt to check. And if you want to get one, try hitting up our shop (CycleGear) this Sunday. We're having a 20% off all helmets sale including the ones that are already on clearance and ones that have to be ordered, and even if you order it, if you don't like it when it comes in you aren't obligated to buy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Z thats a great deal I will try and make it by, I have read that the shark is fitting alot of people better than the RX7 but I have all ways been a Arai fan with my Dirt riding and street It's like getting a new pair of riding boots after they are broken in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, I did use an old shoei once that fit me fine and I loved it... and i hear they are similar to sharks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the helmet, was thinking about getting one. As a matter of fact Shark is going to be my next brand. Shark makes lite helmets and the design of helmet is cool as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comparing my RSR2 to my Shoei RF-1000 and RF-900, the RSR is much more stable with very minor wind buffeting. If you turn your head to look over your shoulder or even to look directly behind you it remains stable and you don't feel like a bobble head doll while on the bike.
The helmet is very light and ventilation is superb.
Some talk about the wind noise on here, but I don't notice it to be any more than the Shoei's. I can't honestly compare it to the Arai's or Suomy's because as much as I like some of their helmets, they just don't feel right to me. Therefore I don't wear them. I just wish I had an Arai or Suomy delaer closer to me that carried a surplus of the product and parts so I could attempt to build a better fitting helmet to suit me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.