Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys....

I'm getting a new helmet and I would love to hear what people have to say about the X-Eleven, Z-II, and RF-1000.

How are they compared to KBC, HJC, etc?

I currently have a KBC VR-1 and its heavier than the Z-II I wore for a day.

If anyone has worn/owns all three I would much appreciate an opinion.

(I really want the '05 Bostrom X-Eleven *drool*)

Thanks!
Jesse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't speak for all three, but I couldn't be happier with my RF-1000. I did have to go a size up from my last Shoei to get the right fit.

As I've read in here before, different shaped heads fit better in some helmets than others. Make sure you try them on before buying.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DUX said:
I can't speak for all three, but I couldn't be happier with my RF-1000. I did have to go a size up from my last Shoei to get the right fit.

As I've read in here before, different shaped heads fit better in some helmets than others. Make sure you try them on before buying.
Uhh, yeah... What he said.

I did have a HJC previously and an RF800. The RF1000 is much better than the 800 and it isn't even fair to compare it to the HJC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the Shoei Norick X-11 and upgraded from an HJC. No comparison. The Shoei fits like a glove - perfect for the shape of my head. Much lighter, well ventilated, better field of vision, etc. Can't say it's quieter because of all the ventilation, but I ride in some pretty hot weather so it's what I chose. Couldn't be happier with it. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bwhip said:
I've got the Shoei Norick X-11 and upgraded from an HJC. No comparison. The Shoei fits like a glove - perfect for the shape of my head. Much lighter, well ventilated, better field of vision, etc. Can't say it's quieter because of all the ventilation, but I ride in some pretty hot weather so it's what I chose. Couldn't be happier with it. :thumb:
Yeah what he said..

Couldnt be happier with my Norick X-11 :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the shoei tzr. It is a great helmet. Its a lot better than the hjc and agv I had before. Lighter, more comfortable and less windnoise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a RF-1000, up from a HJC. There is no comparision, quieter, less wind resistance, more comfortable, and better ventilation. Not to mention better piece of mind if you have to use it. IMHO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I currently use an RF900 Shoei, but I'm pretty happy with it. Although I am considereing getting the new Bostrom Extreme from Suomy :smokin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thompsonian said:
I currently use an RF900 Shoei, but I'm pretty happy with it. Although I am considereing getting the new Bostrom Extreme from Suomy :smokin:

I like the feel of my new RF 1000, but havent worn it while riding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to a RF-1000 from my previous RF-800 the airflow on the 1000 is phenominally better, so much so that you may find yourself closing some vents on days you wouldnt have with an 800. I find it to be a great deal more confortable as well, and it for me was the same size as my previous. It is quiet as helmets go and with ear plugs, well it is the quietest helmet I have ever used for any reasonable period of time. Never ridden with an Arai so cant say anything about em, have ridden with an HJC and in comparison it felt like its quality matched it's price. Also dont waste the money on the chin curtain unless there is one I dont know about the one I got was junk and flew off 1st ride out. The breath guard has been nice however neither are very expensive additions. The screen is also wider to give more side view than the 800 so you have to order one made for the RF-1000 which it shares with the X-11 I think, the one for it's predecessors won't work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sit in the living room real close to the big screen with mine on watching motoGP on bike cam footage going Vroom Vroom thought everyone did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went from a RF-900 to a RF-1000 and love it. Same good things to say about it as the others, and unfortunately have crash tested it....it held up well! :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
X-11 here also. love it, went from a old school arai to the shoei. I love the arai because it fit my narrow long narrow face, my chin wasn't hagging out the bottom, and my dads older shoei was to short so I was kinda sceptic when looking at shoeis but once I tried on the x-11 it was like heaven, perfect fit. i don't think I will ever wear anything else. but like every one else fit, deffinetly go helmet trying, I shopped for like 3 months. after I found the x-11 the hardest thing was chossing a paint scheme. I went with the porto, haven't seen to many out there, plus I love how it stands out like a sore thumb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
What's the general opinion on the Shoei X11 vs the XR1000/RF1000 (same helmet). I tried the XR1000 and liked it but they didn't have the X11 in my size. Is the X11 worth the extra money over the XR1000? Also, I've seen a shop advertising excellent deals on the RF900 as they are selling them out. Is the XR1000 really any better than the RF900?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
For decent reviews of all the Shoei helmets listed, and others, check out HelmetHarbor dot com. They have useful reviews from magazines, and what their riders have found. A really good resource. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts