Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I purchased my Zemke Replica RF1000 a few months ago I was very pleased with it. However now I'm not very happy with it at all. You see here in AZ it gets a bit "warm" to say the least. When I got the helmet it was still "cool" out and hadn't reached the usual summer heat yet. The past few weeks it has been over 100 degrees almost every day. On Saturday I attempted to wear said helmet for a ride to a friends house and about died. This thing is NOT designed for hot weather climates in my opinion. I Really like how my Arai Corsair vents, almost too good sometimes, but since it is a one of a kind paint scheme I hate to wear it. I guess it's time to get another helmet. I already have 5, so what's another, right. Just call me the Chain of helmets.

Dano

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Reaper.

I'm curious about Part 1 of this review. I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. I don't think I have to worry about the temp's you speak of since I live in the frozen north.

I have one ordered (should have it this week) and am curious to see how it is. All other reviews I've read have been positive.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newfie you should be just fine up north. It is a comfy helmet and very quiet compared to my Arai's. It's a big step up compared to the RF900 of years past.

Dano

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
freq said:
Time for a trip to IKEA for some cabinets. :D link to pic

Yeah I remeber you having quite the Rossi collection freq. I have some towers similar to that made out of wood, but they have no glass in em. YOu seem to be missing a few in that collection...? There are a few guys in Tucson filling their Rossi collection up nicely. This one guy Paul only needs the new TiTech with his Yamaha scheme and he's done with his collection.

Dano

{edit}You got those shelves at IKEA? What are they, I'm trying to find them on their site, but what category would I need to look in?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ReaperAZ said:
Well when I purchased my Zemke Replica RF1000 a few months ago I was very pleased with it. However now I'm not very happy with it at all. You see here in AZ it gets a bit "warm" to say the least. When I got the helmet it was still "cool" out and hadn't reached the usual summer heat yet. The past few weeks it has been over 100 degrees almost every day. On Saturday I attempted to wear said helmet for a ride to a friends house and about died. This thing is NOT designed for hot weather climates in my opinion. I Really like how my Arai Corsair vents, almost too good sometimes, but since it is a one of a kind paint scheme I hate to wear it. I guess it's time to get another helmet. I already have 5, so what's another, right. Just call me the Chain of helmets.

Dano
I remember riding in Phoenix during the summer. Brain boil! Check out an OGK. The FF-3 GP I have is very light, stable at speed and vents like no other helmet I've tried. Great graphics and under $400. IMO the fit is similar to the Corsair. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have my rf1000. so far i have taken it out in about 90 degree weather and it wasnt to bad. although i do have to agree, i have worn my fathers arai rx7 corsair, and i get cold wearing that thing.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zenblader said:
I remember riding in Phoenix during the summer. Brain boil! Check out an OGK. The FF-3 GP I have is very light, stable at speed and vents like no other helmet I've tried. Great graphics and under $400. IMO the fit is similar to the Corsair. :)

I'm looking at a Suomy at this point. I love their graphics and they fit very well. My friend races with his Suomy in the wonderful Southwestern weather and he says is vents very well, very comparable to his Corsair.

Dano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts