Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Sidi race boots

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Fastrr 
G
#1 ·
Any words on the B-2 or Vertigo race boots?

#3 ·
if its the Vertigo Corsas I love mine. only problem I've had with them was a few screws fell out the first week so I went to a bolt store and bought a handful (although they didn't have the exact ones they had the same length and thread pitch).

G
#5 · (Edited)
THAT is the brand I was also thinking of.. Oxtar!!

edit: I had to go look again on their website, it would be the Sidi B-2 Race boots i was looking at. Anyone have those? Seems like a very good price @ $220. I wonder if they would hang up on my bike's controls? hmm.

Any insight on Oxtar would be good too.

G
#7 ·
Fastrr...

HUGE price delta between the B-Two and the Vertigo Corsa boot. What type of riding do you need them for primarily, and how much will you need to wear them on AND off the bike?

G
#9 ·
Fastrr...

HUGE price delta between the B-Two and the Vertigo Corsa boot. What type of riding do you need them for primarily, and how much will you need to wear them on AND off the bike?
I was thinking of the B-2 because of the lower price. I'd probably wear them for one trackday a year and some spirited canyon riding, possibly as a riding boot to work, then change into my work shoes there. I like the idea of riding with my lower legs protected. So many bike injuries happen to the lower leg in general. As far as wearing them off the bike, won't happen much at all.

G
#12 ·
For your use, the B-Two is fine. In fact, it's basically their previous generation Vertebra boot which was an excellent track/race boot too. For your needs, the Vertigo Corsa is serious overkill. I mean, it's a great boot, but like any protective gear their is a level of seriously diminished returns and I think you would be well suited with the B-Two. We support members with discounts, so if you want a price quote from us please email sales@calsportbike.com. But if you're tight with a local shop that has good cust svc, give them your business.

G
#8 ·
The ankle braces on my COrsas get caught in the bike's heelguard... very annoying. I think I'm gonna start taping them up. Otherwise, everything else about the boot is great. The ceramic toe sliders have probably kept me from shearing a few of my toes off.

G
#10 ·
Boots are expensive to change up and buy a different pair when yours are still good. Why not try a different heel guard, or bend your heel guards in a little. Heel guards are inexpensive so bending them or changing them out is really no big thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.