Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track season is upon those in the Mid-Atlantic area and that means time to look at new riding gear for me. I'm looking at getting the new Sidi Vertigo Corsa Boots. Anyone have personal experiences with these boots? Want to hear both the good and bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if not those anyone have just the regular Vertigos? I would love the Corsas but when I go to buy boots I might skimp and only get the regular Vertigos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set and they are great... Comfortable, well made, and lots of protection. All of the parts are replacable as well. I get lots of comments on them. Anything specifically you're wondering about?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:twocents: I like them except for the sharp edges on the ankle protection. they catch sometimes. they are also wide. I would have liked to try the gaurne boots. the toe clasp is a + if you have thin feet and need something to hold your foot. I put in an insole from super feet in ( you get them at REI 30.00 bucks, green model). the insoles seem to make the connection to the boot more solid instead of having a flat boot insole.

I have yet to figure out how to take them apart. they have philip screws that just seem to turn. at least on the rear shock. I wanted to remove some dirt from a supermoto crash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's funny because the Vertigos are the exact opposite. You better have narrow feet if you get them. The boots themselves aren't that narrow, just the soles.

They're definitely comfortable although I had to get used to the narrow soles when shifting and breaking because my feet would slip off the pegs. You'd think it'd be easy to find the peg with a size 14.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have Vertigo Corsas too. I used to have Alpinestars Supertech's before but I think these Sidi's are better in all aspects (except for ankle protection, they caught the heel plates on standard 1000RR rearsets sometimes, but after I put some PP-Tuning rearsets on the probloem went away). Where the Vertigo Corsa's stand head & shoulders above anything (I've tried pretty much all race boots except Daytona) else is the adjustability, you get really nice tight package and get are really good feel from the bike. Some parts got broken away from the ceramic toe slider during my highside last summer so the boots took some beating, but no damage to my feet so they did their job.

My verdict: not perfect (due to ankle prot issue) but best combination I've found by testing a lot of boots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
southpark460 said:
I have a set and they are great... Comfortable, well made, and lots of protection. All of the parts are replacable as well. I get lots of comments on them. Anything specifically you're wondering about?
Seems like most questions were answered. However I do have one question, is the sizing what you would expect. For instance, most shoes I wear an 8.5, but there are some brands where I would have to wear a 9. Does sizing of these boots run true, on the smaller side or larger side of the norm?

I know it may seem like a silly question, but I have so many issues with shoe sizing given the fact that my left foot is larger than my right foot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mr_rua said:
Seems like most questions were answered. However I do have one question, is the sizing what you would expect. For instance, most shoes I wear an 8.5, but there are some brands where I would have to wear a 9. Does sizing of these boots run true, on the smaller side or larger side of the norm?

I know it may seem like a silly question, but I have so many issues with shoe sizing given the fact that my left foot is larger than my right foot.
Not a silly question at all! I wear a 12, and I had to go with the 12.5 to get a proper fit. So they do run a little small...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to try on Sidi boots this past weekend. Tried on the "Vertigos" and fit into a size 42, which is an 8.5 (which is my usual shoe size). At first I was going to order the "limited edition blue/yellow Vertigo Corsas", but thought I would get tired of the "loud" colors within a year. So I just ended up ordering the plane jane black Vertigo Corsas.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I guess no one has noticed that everything on the Corsas is an exterior quick release. If an object hits any of these quick releases in a fall, it might release the tension on the adjustment. If my bike then lands on same the foot (or other unpleasantries), I no longer have my protection and ouch. I sent mine back as soon as I saw this design flaw. My choice, it may not be yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
clutchslip said:
I guess no one has noticed that everything on the Corsas is an exterior quick release. If an object hits any of these quick releases in a fall, it might release the tension on the adjustment. If my bike then lands on same the foot (or other unpleasantries), I no longer have my protection and ouch. I sent mine back as soon as I saw this design flaw. My choice, it may not be yours.
well I think all the pro racers and all the reviewers and the awards the boot has won show thats not a flaw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not going to release that easily... They are very well protected. Any hit hard enough to crack one of them open is going to do more damage than just releasing the adjuster. And that's all it is... An adjuster. There's a full length zipper running up the boot, and the braces are firmly attached. You'll be fine... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts