Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I want.

I have an ipod and just ordered a radar detector. I want to listen for/to both audio sources at once.

Is there a simple splitter or something that will let me do this?

I will probably also buy the blinder system which also has an audio out that I would like to add so a multiple input system would be great.

Anyone have such a thing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You could get a splitter at Radio Shack. It is usually used when two people want to listen to 1 IPOD, But if you got some adapters and put your two sources into one side and ran the single output to your speakers I think you would hear both.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you want is an audio mixer/amplifier.

You may or may not run into a few problems if you run the outputs together. The problem is when the output transistors turn on, the impedance of that pair turns very low and can sink the weaker source. Or worse, you can drive a 12 volt audio output into a 4.2 volt ipod. For CMOS circuits, or most computers, this may bias output transistors in such a way that mimics an SCR and will latch the power supply to ground until the power supply is removed or burned away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good luck i spent hours searching for this on the net as well as going to radioshack. your best bet is a helmet autocom system. maybe helmetaudio.com has something that will work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out the MixIt2 from Riderwearhouse/Aerostich. Mixer amp with priority mute for the mono source (like a radar detector).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also looking for something like this. Especially with priority mute for Radar and bluetooth.

Also looking for some kind of inexpensive hand controls for bluetooth. So when the priority mute kicks in, I can hear who is calling me thru my bluetooth, and with controller I can answer or send or send to voicemail at a touch of a button. Then, back I go to my favorite tracks on my Ipod.

The built in helmet communication gear I was checking out at my local bike shop just seem to new, limited, and expensive for my likings at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts