Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back there was a thread started by user “overkill”. At that point I knew I was going to check my intake system closely next chance I got.
Xtremerancher02 then posted on the thread below how he installed his snorkel. Thanks for sharing what was required Xtremerancher02 to get this done.

http://www.bigredforums.com/forums/general-honda-big-red-discussion/72657-going-get-my-big-red.html

Also let me say that Xtremerancher02 used all black tube. In Florida black it is no longer code so the best place to find it would be a RV or mobile home repair place (if your in Florida). My 8 foot section of 2 in was $14.00 US and the cost of fittings made me go home and change my shorts! The guy had to order the fittings but I was committed on the pipe so sorry in advance for the mixed colors.

Here is how my snorkle went, I just cut the stock tube in a few places to get it out of there.

Here is the lower tube routing,

Here is the attachment for the lower tube. The rubber was put there to prevent rattles.

Here is the rubber section to join the lower and upper section together,

Here are pictures of the finished product,

Here are the lower section measurements,

Here are the upper section measurements,

Here is an example of how I measured, this is 4 inches,

Hope this helps :patriot:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Being Canadian and all can you convert those measurements to metric for me.

I don't like how you routed the pipe outside the roll cage along side the seat. Were I ride I would have it torn off on the first few minutes. Can you hide it all behind the seat instead?

As for the colours that is why they made spray cans with on bedliner in them.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Just kidding about the metric. I don't know miles and Fahrenheit but he rest I use daily. Looks good I have never had any issues to date with the air intake but maybe I should look at building one just in case.

·
Registered
148 Posts
great pics and extremely detailed, but correct me if i am wrong, that is 2ea 90 degree sections and not 45's. right?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, only about 10 miles in the woods near the house. No power loss noted. Co-pilot had no negative comments either, and she uses her belt.
Cleaning BR today and hope to go for a longer ride next Friday / Saturday.
You have to do it early down here this time of year, you are correct, too hot (mid day) :eek:
Sfrankland, if I had the correct tow vehicle for a LONG ride I would head north to your area, the videos you take look great! I think I will ask for a "flip" video from Santa this year to share some southeast riding. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
so have you had a chance to drive it yet? i am wondering if you have noticed any difference in power. i am sure if you put it on a dyno it would show, but i am just curious about every day noticeabilty. i measured about 30" to the air intake from ground level. i would have to be in some serious s*#t to be that deep, but i would like to have it if i need it. i am concerned with all the added bends that it will negatively affect airflow and consequently power and/or throttle response.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Anytime you want to head up for a ride I will hook you up. You can go pretty much anywhere and ride on just about any terrain you want. My wife wants to head down your way but I will be flying I think. To long of a drive with the kids.

Good to hear that the snorkel is working out. I think the fall I will have sometime to get a few of these projects done.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be honest it is doubtful that my BR will ever be in deep water however I really was in search of cleaner air. The posting done by overkill with the loss of an engine got me thinking. Not to mention the dust concerns mentioned by everyone else about dust. So, trying to be proactive, and having everything apart doing other work I just went ahead and did the mod. The other SxS I ride with (Mule 610) has the air intake at the top of the rear roll bar, good design. I’ll get a picture (610) to show everyone that design.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the Kawi Mule 610 air intake I mentioned before. One side for the engine the other for the CVT belt. Hey, anyone from Honda reading this? Guys, this may save on warranty costs ;) For the rest of us, I hope the air cleaner says cleaner longer. :smilebig:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.