Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Speed limiter

30K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  richd 
#1 ·
Please someone tell me They are gonna get rid of that god awful 40mph speed limiter. I do a lot of riding in open fields with friends and I just can't keep up with their 4wheelers and other sxs.

Seriously. If something don't come out. I'm gonna trade it back in on something else lol

#2 ·
This is what worries me about buying a P500. 95% of my riding is on public trails that often utilize old railroad grades which are long, flat, and straight. Keeping a pace of 40-50 m.p.h. is not uncommon, and I'm not sure if the P500 would be to terribly slow? If you ask me, the Pioneer 700 and 500 should swap drive trains. The 700's 3-speed auto was originally developed for a sport/utility market in the Rincon. The P500's driveline was sourced from the Foreman ATV line, which has historically been Honda's low end grunt workhorse for years. In my opinion...the 500/5-speed manual belongs in the 700's chassis...the 700/3-speed auto belongs in the 500's chassis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.