Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have an 09 big red. I have always liked Hondas because of there durabilty.When I found out that Honda was finally going to make a side by side I bought the first one to be sold in the state of Arkansas.Two weeks ago it died on me,so I took it to the local Honda dealer and they told me the stator was bad,it cost me over $700 dollars to get it repaired for a two year old Honda.Talked to many Honda service dept.s and they all said they have fixed many stator problems.Maybe Honda needs to have a recall.Has anybody had any stator issues?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also have a 09 big red , yesterday it died on me on the way to the duck blind. After doing checks that I read on this sight , I find I also have the same problem. Dealer wants $800.00 for repair so I will be doing it myself , ordered parts online for about $270.00 and will be in next week. On my machine the problem was the ckp sensor, but to get the sensor you must order the stator as they come as a pair. I have other Honda bikes and have had good service out of them, I hope big red will be as good , it doesn't look too good sitting in the shop torn apart.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got home from work saw parts were in, so went in shop and got to work on big red. New stator is installed and up and running, will be going hunting in the morning on her. Cost for repair $264.47 including gasket and sealing washers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you troubleshoot a stator problem? Is it the starter stator? How do I know is not the rotor?
I may have the same problem. My 09 Big Red MUV 700 was starting hard for the last few days. I replaced the battery...same hard start. After a few starts it died totally.The voltage drops to 5v when key on start position. It won't start even with a 200 amps starter/charger.
Please advise.
Thank you .

Titus

·
Registered
41 Posts
The stator I replaced is inside the motor, not the starter. My starter would spin the motor over fine, I didn't have any spark at the sparkplug. To troubleshoot the motor stator I read a post named No spark by Beechwood on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, I recently got my recall notice and I haven't had any problems with the Honda yet but we do run it hard and on long desert runs and now I don't have peace of mind till I get it fixed.

Has anyone one done this repair on their own? how much needs to come apart to do the repair? My problem is I have aftermarket 4 person rollcage thats fixed so rear bed does not tilt anymore also there is a rear bench and front seats are aftermarket and a pain to come off.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I dont want dealer to tell me all has to come off at my expense.

thanks Victor

·
Registered
41 Posts
I replaced the stator on my BR, to do the repair I took the bed off, took both seats out and all the plastic covers under the seats, I would think the dealer would have to do the same. How do you service your air cleaner if the bed does not tilt?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I have an 09 big red. I have always liked Hondas because of there durabilty.When I found out that Honda was finally going to make a side by side I bought the first one to be sold in the state of Arkansas.Two weeks ago it died on me,so I took it to the local Honda dealer and they told me the stator was bad,it cost me over $700 dollars to get it repaired for a two year old Honda.Talked to many Honda service dept.s and they all said they have fixed many stator problems.Maybe Honda needs to have a recall.Has anybody had any stator issues?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts