Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a CD player and some speakers for my Big Red. Has anyone tried wiring one of these up? If so, where can i get power from and anyone have any recommendation to put it? I bought all marine stuff so water shouldn't damage it, but dont want it that open to the elements.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about either cutting a whole in the dash, (which I really dont want to to) mounting in the glove box, or bolting it to the bottom the bottom of the dash. The more i look at it the bottom of the dash seems the best idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The best way is to mount a stereo is to go to a stereo shop and get an "under the dash" mounting box; however, you will have to create a top to make it water proof. Mount it under the gear shift where it's flat. If you have an Ipod or XM, get a dust cover and mount them above the gear shift... you will have to put a spacer to have enough room. As for power, go to a marina web site and order a switch panel with water proof switches with fuses. Mount this under the glove compartment (cut a hole so it fits flush) and you will have easy access to your aux battery box. It’s best to make sure you have a Solenoid switch separating your two batteries so that if you run the aux down listening to the radio... it will still crank. Soon as I wash my BR (LOL) I will post some pix so you get a better idea. I have made tons of changes... a picture is worth a thousand words... LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.