Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO, not as is jacked it:D . Denniskirk.com had an awesome deal on AGV flyer helmets at their online "outlet store" . Scored a $280.00 helmet for a measly $67 ! If you guys are looking for deals on a new lid, check their outlet store every now and then, some of their closeout deals are kick ass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check the date on the helmet, if it is older than 5 years old it may not be that great of a deal and helmet life is limited to 5 years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
helmet life is limited to 5 years...
.....of use.

These are brand new helmets that have been stored. I'd venture to say that as long as the storage environment was free of humidity and moisture, then even 5 years of sitting would not hurt the helmet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....of use.

These are brand new helmets that have been stored. I'd venture to say that as long as the storage environment was free of humidity and moisture, then even 5 years of sitting would not hurt the helmet.
Maybe, maybe not. Question is, are you willing to test it?

Helmet material starts to degrade at the time of manufacturing and the companies put a life span on them for a reason. Most race orgs have a five years rule, some even have less time than that due to this. Check the date on the helmet and see when it was made, the date should be inside the melnet somewhere. Try looking on the inside shell of on the strap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, these are brand new helmets, not 'old' stock .They also have deals on Soumy,Arai and others. The AGV flyer model that i got are all sold out,i just checked. The exact same helmet is still on sale at other websites for just under $300 . Make sure when you go to denniskirks web site ,you click on the "outlet store" icon to find the best deals . Here's the same helmet i just bought for $67 on closeout ,listed on another website for $280.00 , the red/silver model on the bottom. Very comfortable helmet

http://www.helmetharbor.com/estore/products.cfm?seriesid=AGV+Flyer:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
NO, not as is jacked it:D . Denniskirk.com had an awesome deal on AGV flyer helmets at their online "outlet store" . Scored a $280.00 helmet for a measly $67 ! If you guys are looking for deals on a new lid, check their outlet store every now and then, some of their closeout deals are kick ass
Nice score. I buy end of the year closeouts on most everything :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Strangely enough Shoei now says in writing that the guarantee on their X-11 helmet is for 5 years AFTER purchase, and up to 7 years after manufacture. I guess that means they can be in storage for 2 years before you buy, then you still get your 5 years on that, which means a lot of people are gonna think I get 7 anyways, obviously not but you get the point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ve got the Arai Corsair RX-7 Haga Aztex helmet and I love it. Before this model I had a Corsair RX-7 McCoy Slide King which I never should have sold because the colors changed to some green color in stead of the Blue. Anyways I faced the same thing when really thiniking about putting 700 bucks into a helmet. My question was is it really worth it. With the help of some friends making me realize that you get what you pay for and on helmets it is not the place to save money. That was hard for me take but finally I bought the Arai and then it all made Good Sense. I hope you get to buy A Arai some day you will really love it. Stay Safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Strangely enough Shoei now says in writing that the guarantee on their X-11 helmet is for 5 years AFTER purchase, and up to 7 years after manufacture. I guess that means they can be in storage for 2 years before you buy, then you still get your 5 years on that, which means a lot of people are gonna think I get 7 anyways, obviously not but you get the point.
Does not matter if your racing org says 5 years from mfg date. Fasttrax is 2 years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one scary thing my Instructor told me about buying marked down lids was never knowing the history of it whilst it was say on the shelf for 10months (apparently the maximum time limit before they get marked down) was simply put you've no idea how many times some yo-yo dropped it on the shop floor which can technically write them off for good.

He advises pick the lid you want then insist on a brand new boxed one from the back or go elsewhere.

PS he said this 30 mins after me getting a perfect fitting Mat Mladin replica that I loved as soon as saw it ..... and was in the sale *sniff*:confused:.

And apparently the 5 years is from date of manufacture not purchase??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.