Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do any of you wear the Red Wing MC boots, or something like that? Basically a non-sport boot for everyday street wear. I want something that I can wear to school or around town without looking like a freak. I generally just wear my Justins (cowboy boots).

Something like this...would look more at home on a Harley but full-on sport boots just aren't practical for daily wear.

G

·
Check out some of the boots made by Frey-Daytona. One place to look is Helimot European Accessories Website Homepage They have some sport type boots that are cut a bit lower, are a bit more comfy to wear, and still offer great protection. A friend of mine found a pair of shorter Daytonas, but had to order them from the UK, couldn't find that model here.

G

·
The pull on boot, similiar to an Engineers boot, lacks protection, but the high top laced boot is much better. Personally I wear a Danner 'Fort Lewis' duty boot & this is NOT made in China, but in the USA.

Many good hunting boots will do the job, but look for length along with width. Like in a shoe I wear a size 10.5 in a C width so with heavier sock it is a boot size of 11 with a width of D. Not EE or EEEE width. The said boots are 100% waterproof, light, warm when needs to be, & feel like I am wearing my slippers. Yes the was the first impression when I tried them on. Said boots have been used since around '85 (I do take care of my footwear) & still look like new for I use to be in the clothing business, which included some of the best oxfords to work boots PLUS a sportshop in Banff National Park in Alberta where I delt with mountaineers & skiers especially the Wardens & RCMP that were often on rescue missions to recovering missing people or injured people to yes dead bodies as well & they had to have the BEST avaliable.

Dial up Danner & you can look at what they offer, but then there are other makers. Fact is a lot of hunting firms bring in Danner or competitive boots. Danner use to advertise the 'Fort Lewis' boot as no breaking in, no sore sport, no blisters & waterproof which was tested by a few on the monthly mag Soldier of Fortune, up in the hills, creeks to mountains, & they found the above to be 100% true.

G

·
Hey Slick, I purchased a pair of Teknic Freestyle boots for my riding pleasure, they have been great, look good, and are comfy. In fact they have no become my Saturday night bar hopping boots since they look better then the usual shoes I wear out. I dont know how to place links in here so google em. I only paid I think 80 bucks for them and they didnt require any shifter adjustments.. Hope it helps

G

·
wow those Daytonas are expensive. I'm sure like anything else, you get what you pay for. But I had no idea they were so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price kinda threw me for a loop as well. I really like them though, still not what I'm after. I need something that I can ride to school in and then wear all day in class. I guess I'll just keep wearing the Justins for now. I do have two different lockers on campus so maybe I'll just leave an extra pair of shoes here and change every morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.