Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there are a few things that never change. Always wear a lid, Arai RX-7 Corsair (promise to wife), Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 for hot days. Or A*'s TZ-1 leather for cool days. Lastly A*'s SP-S gloves. But, and there always is a but somewhere, my feet are suspect. I wear steel toe boots at work, so when i ride to work i have on 8" boots. Fine (make sure to tuck in laces), but on days when i just cruise around town I catch myself with regular basketball shoes on, which is not a good thing. There is a reason, no laces to worry about with the shoes I wear. Now as to the reason for this post. I have spent a fair amount of money to protect myself, well except for my feet and i need to change that. Most of the footwear i have looked at either belongs on the track, or it's just plain ugly. I would like honest opinions on what's a good all around street riding shoe/boot.

Thanks In Advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been reading all the other threads on footwear. Geeeezzzzz!!! Maybe I'm asking too much. Protection, and the ability to look like any other shoe. Let me throw this out there also "at a reasonable price". I plan on working my way up to full race gear when i start turning laps at a track. But for running over to my brother house i hate to spend $300. Keep throwing stuff my way guys, thanks. My head feels like it's gonna blow!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alpinestars GPS3 boots in a spectacular Blue. If I dont have them I have over the ankle work boots or Harley Boots (the Harley boots are nice but not enough flex in the ankle for a sportbike)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would reccommend a nice pair of A*'s or sidi's ... in the event of an accident, they could save your lower leg from being crushed or torn...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good protection does cost some money. I haven't seen *good* boots that look just like a shoe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Icon Super Duty boots. Look like work boots and comfortable. Have had them for over a year. I only have a bike so I need something that looks good is comfortable and offers protection. These fit the bill perfect.
Newer version
I have the older version that has dots instead of lines on the top of the toe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bogey70 said:
"at a reasonable price".
What's reasonable?:idunno:

Just like cars, most accidents are with 10 miles of the home, in parking lots, neighborhoods and the like. Protect yourself at all times. Then ask yourself this, "How much are my feet/ankles/lower leg, worth to me?" Flip flop price or good equipment? The boots I showed you won't get you to the track but they will be good for commuting, running over to the bro's house and they are easy to walk in. Wouldn't spend all day in them but enough to go from the parking lot to the office.

Go to a motorcycle shop and try some on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so there isn't a real poll. Maybe i should have said opinion's. As I said earlier, i don't need $400 "+" boots for the type of riding I do (not yet). When that day comes I will have no problem dropping $2500-3000 for full race gear. But as of today I commute to work and just enjoy riding. Now I don't care if they look like boots. I don't want to look like Sete Gibernau while going to meet the wife for dinner. Keep them coming guys. The XPD site has some pretty good choices.

FLIP FLOPS :rotfl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts