Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Which Suomy Replica

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Choices, choices, choices. Ok so I have decided to go with the Suomy Spec1R as my newest lid. The problem is deciding which one to get. I'm down to three. Gobert Replica, Xaus Replica, or Pitt Replica. So if you had the choice which would you get?

{edit} So the Pitt Extreme is now added for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Suomy Spec1R

no help from me man, but I have seen the new bright ass'd gold one, i think its the new flower one. Aaron stevenson at cornerspeed was wearing it and it looked awesome!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That would be the "Extreme" line for Suomy. They have the Pitt in the Extreme but with a retail of $699.99...eeek little high for me.

Dano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ReaperAZ said:
That would be the "Extreme" line for Suomy. They have the Pitt in the Extreme but with a retail of $699.99...eeek little high for me.

Dano

How much do you value your head? I don't set a limit on $ for a helmet purchase, I just get the best one for fit, quality and comfort. The paint scheme is less than secondary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

matt232 said:
How much do you value your head? I don't set a limit on $ for a helmet purchase, I just get the best one for fit, quality and comfort. The paint scheme is less than secondary.

Believe me I will spare no expense to save my head. This will be my 6th helmet. I really like the Pitt Extreme but right now it's a tad pricey for me. Bills to pay and all, ya know.

Dano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

For me it was between Xaus and Gobert. All the helmets look great, but the Xaus edged out over the Gobert.

As far as paying $700+ vs $350+, I have no illusions that the paint and exclusivity make up the majority of the price difference. It's not like the fiberglass is twice as good, or the foam is twice as good, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

2OHOH2 said:
As far as paying $700+ vs $350+, I have no illusions that the paint and exclusivity make up the majority of the price difference. It's not like the fiberglass is twice as good, or the foam is twice as good, etc.
:nod:

Graphic helmets are ALWAYS more money. I don't think SUOMY has an plain helmets do they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

freq said:
:nod:

Graphic helmets are ALWAYS more money. I don't think SUOMY has an plain helmets do they?

Yes sir they do. Not too many people have them or know about them.

Dano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I like the looks of the Xaus replica the best, just not sure I'd want any of that guy's mojo riding with me. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

2OHOH2 said:
I suggest you pick up one of these 700+ vs $350+ helmets and do a side by side comparison of the quality between the two. It's all about fit, finish, weight, venting and quality of the parts. I have no doubt that the cheaper DOT approved helmets will still protect me but when it comes to overall quality and features, the cheaper helmets just can't compete.

That said, some of the cheaper manufactures have been stepping it up lately, but when compared to the quality of the higher priced Arai, Shoei and Suomy models, there is really a big difference.

Oh, and hemlet harbor says the extremes are extremely loud. My Spec 1 let's just enough noise into the helmet, but not enough to bother.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I have the gorbergh spec 1r replica suomy and its the best helmet I have owned and I had a shoei x-11 just before it. I love it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I just got an AMAZING price quote for the one I'm getting. I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as it gets to my house. Thanks for the input guys.

Dano

1 - 20 of 47 Posts