Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boot budget is right around $100, and I'm trying to decide between Tourmaster Response SC Boots, or some SWAT/Tactical Boots. The main 3 features I'm looking for are 1. Ankle support, 2. Zipper (easy in/out) and 3. Velcro cover to hold down laces.

Anybody had any success with tactical boots as riding boots?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
are those tactical boots like a hiking boot? i am unfamiliar with those.

i have another feature that I'd like to add to your list:

4. Feel - being able to feel the brake and shifter is important to me...so I know how much I am depressing my rear...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ride with Icon superduty 2 boots, they have great support and also have a casual look and are comfortable. they sell for about $80 dollars.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looped & came off the rear @ around 120mph
I was getting off work & had on Oakleys SPECIAL FORCES S.I. ASSAULT BOOT
my heels hit pretty hard & they are what hurt the worst out of the whole deal, had stress fractures all through the heel,
now the Oakleys are really light, but a heavier boot would have been really nice.
now I ride to work in Danner Striker Side Zip GTX NMT 8''
much better boot anyway & has the side zipper you said you want (but you can put the lace zipper in any boot)
I really felt like I wanted to ride to work in my Alpinestars Supertech Boot
but I feel ok in the Danners
everywhere else gets the A*stars though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spend the extra money and get a pair of true riding boots. The protection they offer in the toes, ankles, and shins cannot be found in a pair of duty boots. Also, duty boots are not made to take an impact to the ground at 80+ mph, will wear through at the ankle, and the sticky rubber sole that prevents slipping while raiding a crack den will also stick to the pavement when you are leaned over in a curve. Boot sticks, foot comes off peg, leg follows, weight shifts, bike wobbles, etc.... you get the idea. Spend the money so you don't wonder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.