Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked for other threads on this but I haven't found any so I think I'm safe to post!
I recently spent over a grand on some nice shift leathers, I know to you older guys it doesn't sound like much but I'm a poor college kid so thats a ton for me! But the question is, with all this leather stuff.. How do I take care of it well? Can I ride it in rain without ruining it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lemon pledge is great for a quick wipe down and I use Mothers leather care in the spring and fall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leather has been used for thousands of years because it is durable, im sure it will outlast your bike even with no maintenance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on how dry they are. Some leathers are made better than others and need less attention to keep up. I wipe mine down after every ride with the Pledge. This cleans, protects and gives a little conditioning as well. If they get wet I will use Mothers once they dry out as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u can wash yr leathers in the washing machine (cold wash) also - just add a cap full of glycyrine in the water, when its dry then u can use mothers, or if thats too pricy good old leather Dubbin should be available at any tanners at a lot less and actually waterproofs the leathers a lot better. Theres some good old timer info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When they're sweaty, hang them to dry out, don't stuff them away. Once a year, at the end of the season, I clean mine with saddle soap and then apply a light coat of Lexol leather conditioner. During the season I just try to wipe off the big bug splats!

If the liner is removable, it can be washed. Mine doesn't come out, unfortunately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so just throwing it around when your done is a no no, got it.
And glycerin eh? What does that do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nevermind I looked it up. I recieved the stuff and it says not to machine wash it. But I will give the lemon pledge a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.