Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here have experience with em?

Got the wiring kit and that awesome KLR (crossbar or 4hole) mount for my Garmin 2720, but I'm not sure how this thing would work out for the weight of the unit. It looks little in the photos and no one I know has one...anyone here dealt with em?

TechMount Stem stand.

I'm dealing with a limited workspace here and fairing mount isn't an option, damper takes up tank bolts and crowds that general area, so im thinking a stem unit to go in the floating middle might work out the best(?).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome Bake - thanks! That is what I was looking for, nothing really put it in perspective so well on the site. That looks half decent though.

So my next question is, is the center piece just some orings that are indexed into the center rod, or is there some type of detent mechanism that sorta levers it all in there snugly? It sounds on the site like it just is held in by friction when its at rest. Im concerned about it getting flung off/out or just stolen if left unattended. (the stand, the gee pee ess will be with me).

Z: I know how much you like house threads, go read mine ;)

G

·
It seems hokey, but it's actually just held in place by the friction of a couple of O-rings. I was really skeptical about it at first, but it has really held up over a lot of miles and bumpy roads....

I leave my stemstand in at all times, and just pop the GPS out of a bracket that I have screwed to it. I supposed it could be stolen, but I've never had a problem... ymmv

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an Al shaft though right? something I could easily tap a (really long) 1/4-20 stainless cap nut into from the underside of the steering head, with a fender washer or somethin? Or is that even hokier? :smilebig:

btw where did you get yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.