Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new AGV Stealth helmet for a great price and thought I'd share my opinion of it. It looks great but as anyone who's tried one on knows, they are sized small. I have a XXL and it fits much more snug than my Icon which is an XL. I don't like wearing it when I need to use my thin balaclava on chilly morning commutes. It's also much louder but does vent well. The D-ring is hard to use and impossible with gloves on.
One last thing about it... the visor (from the factory) required adjustment to get a proper seal. It was a bit of a pain and timely without the adjustment kit available at an extra cost.
All-in-all, if I would have known these things I would have sprung for a more expensive model in AGV's line but I still like it enough to wear it over the Icon with the nonremovable liner. :smilebig:
F.Y.I....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just ordered this helmet last night. When I get it I will check the fitment of the visor.I also ordered a tinted visor, I will see how this fits. What is the adjustment kit? I have never heard of this before.

I have had problems with Shoei helmets and the visor sealing properly before. Shoei helmets are nice though.

In generall all the nice helmets have significantly jumped in price over the past two years. There sure is one helluva mark up on helmets now. The modest price and looks of this helmet and the fact that I have had good results with AGV products is what made me buy a AGV helmet. When I get the helmet I will post up what I think about it.

Where did you get the adjustment kit from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get the kit. I saw it as an option on AGV's own online store. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, there were seperate kits for the regular visors and race visors.
Welcome to the AGV Store
You're right though... the cost, looks and comparable features with much pricier helmets was the deciding factors for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought mine from Imotorcyclestore.com , so far they have the best prices I have found on this helmet.

I looked at that kit. All it looks like is a visor with holes drilled in the sides to get access to the screws to adjust the visor.

Last summer I looked at some helmets in Cali when I was back there and you can see the quality in the craftsmanship betwen a pricey helmet and a cheap helmet.
My current helmet is a Shoei, one of the TZR helmets a, I think 4 years old now. I try and replace them every 4 or 5 years.

Currently I'm over in the middle east and bike less until I return to Cali in July. Last summer for 30 days was the only chance I had to ride for a 2 year period.:crap: :( :doh: That sucks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine from Terra Powersports. Even with the complaints I still like the thing. If I could've afforded it I would've got a Ti-Tech or Shoei's RF1000 Nerve Red helmet.

Currently I'm over in the middle east and bike less until I return to Cali in July. Last summer for 30 days was the only chance I had to ride for a 2 year period.:crap: :( :doh: That sucks!
That sucks for sure!!! I complain when I can't ride because of rain...
What branch are you in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm Air Force. The stealth helmet I ordered is going to be shipped over to me. I will check it out when I get it. I'm hoping that I will be satisfied with this helmet. :patriot:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. I'm ex-Air Force.

I hope you like it too. Someone commented on how expensive it looked just yesterday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strike,

I finally did get my Stealth helmet today. I tried it on and I like the fit. The medium fits my melon well. Stealth is a very nice looking helmet. The only thing I'm not to crazy about is the ratcheting system for the shield. Shoei has AGV beat hands down on that one. I'm not sure if the Shoei is adjustable to make the shield fit properly. Does anyone know if you can adjust the the Shield fitment on a Shoei?

I will not get to try it out on a ride until July when I return to the US. :crap:

So far I like it, the D-ring is a little high, it's not a problem for me. Adjusting the shield fitment for a tinted shield is a little trickey but, it's not that much of a problem. So far I'm happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad you like it. I just went to a motorcycle show last weekend and found a booth that sold me the Echo Quick Release buckle system. I use it on the Stealth and I like the helmet even more now than I did. And only for $8.
You're right about the ratcheting system. It's more involved than my Icon but feels more weak considering how much you have to flex the visor to free it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts