Honda Pioneer Forums banner

The Honda Pioneer 500 Performance Thread

34K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Clinton_Capps 
#1 ·
So the all-new Pioneer 500 comes with a 475cc fuel-Injected engine that is just begging to have performance accessories bolted to it! Let us know what performance modifications you will be making.

#2 ·
Wondering if Dobeck Performance will be out with wide band closed loop fuel controller, combined with aftermarket exhaust and different air filter would wake up the 475.... I would think! I have looked at their gen 4 series and it looks like an interesting product.

#5 ·
Performance parts are available (I'm thinkin) as there are fuel controllers for the 450R, 420 and 500, just not specific to the P500 application. Dobecker Performance has a pretty cool gen 4 controller and if I understand correctly you can custom tune based on air fuel ratio as read by their O2 sensor and you can adjust in real time on the fly. Dynojet also makes some components just need to read up on them more, like downloadable programs.

Pretty sure you could match up a K&N that would do the job.

The exhaust.... So I take it the bulb (in pipe) between O2 sensor and muffler is a catalytic converter? What's in there or is it a resonator? Not looked close enough but the exhaust is all one piece from head to muffler no? So a guy would have to custom fit a slip on then right?

#8 ·
Modest increase of both, the gearing is so low on these units I installed 26" tires and a broader power band would create the near perrrrfect work/light play rig. Don't wanna sacrifice reliability, just a bump in overall power and torque mid to WOT.

jrc

#9 ·
I have a 575 big bore kit, cam, and a 35% and 69% gear reduction that would work in the pioneer 500's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.