Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have seen a tank bag that is real thin with a map window. But I cant seem to find out who makes it. So I'm asking the .org. Now just to let all know all I'm really looking for is a basically a Map case for my tank. Any one know where I can find one at? Thanks in advance for you help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool bag, but doesn't look too thin to me (5").

I know one of the RKA bags is about 2" thick and then expands another 4" or so. Has a wider footprint than the one listed above. I've had my RKA for amost 10 years now, and still working good.

edit, found a link:
http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/08tnkbag/tank.html
Note that size is fully expanded, see pics on bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quinc said:
how much can you hold in it? mp3 player radar water? or can you put a pair of pants and shirt in it?
All the above.

For as thin as it is (without the attachable zip on/off top compartment, also with it's own map pocket) it carries a crapload of stuff. The map pocket easily fits my cell phone, I-Pod, and Wallet. As it sits on the bike, it's 14" long, and about 10" wide, but only 2.25" high so it fits books and legal papers easily. When it's on the bike, it looks real low profile.

I usually stick a huge bottled water in there, extra helmet shield (for being caught out after dark) and a JR liner I can wear with any jacket.

With the attachment, it just get's ridiculous what you can haul. On my 954, the top is even with my windscreen when the attachments on. I've only used the attachment for overnighters to the coast.

It's almost rain-proof without using the included "rain cover", and only got mildy damp around the edges of the interior in monsoon weather down in Orange County.

I'll buy another if and when I ever need to replace it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scout said:
All the above.

For as thin as it is (without the attachable zip on/off top compartment, also with it's own map pocket) it carries a crapload of stuff. The map pocket easily fits my cell phone, I-Pod, and Wallet. As it sits on the bike, it's 14" long, and about 10" wide, but only 2.25" high so it fits books and legal papers easily. When it's on the bike, it looks real low profile.

I usually stick a huge bottled water in there, extra helmet shield (for being caught out after dark) and a JR liner I can wear with any jacket.

With the attachment, it just get's ridiculous what you can haul. On my 954, the top is even with my windscreen when the attachments on. I've only used the attachment for overnighters to the coast.

It's almost rain-proof without using the included "rain cover", and only got mildy damp around the edges of the interior in monsoon weather down in Orange County.

I'll buy another if and when I ever need to replace it.
thanks bro i'm bidding on one right now! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts