Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I currently have 2 quads. Thinking of a UTV. Our sons have a Rhino and a Teryx. I like many things about BR for our level of riding. We are 58 and want to ride scenic 2 tracks here in NV. I also want to be able to haul a mtn bike and get dropped off for a ride back to camp and haul our 2 50# dogs. My question is: Will the BR with the auto trans do a good job of keeping up with the Rhino, which isn't all that fast? The CVT used on the others is the least efficient method of power transfer there is. So it seems a true auto trans would be better and may make the lesser motor just as efficient?
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!:clap:
Bert

·
Registered
78 Posts
Absolutely the transmission will do excellent! You would be very happy with the Big Red! I had 6 adults on my machine at 1 time and had no problem at all!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
A stock Big Red is just a hair faster than a stock Rhino. That said there is not much you can do to increase the Big Red's performance unlike all the aftermarket support the Rhino has. For the areas we ride speed never seems to be an issue though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.