Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the OE Maxxis Bighorn tires are 4-ply bias tires - I thought all the Bighorns were 6-ply radials. Anyone know why they did not go with the regular Bighorns? Is it just cost or is there some reason not to use Radials on a Big Red?

Second question, what are new takeoff OE tires / rims worth?

Best, Ed

·
Super Mod
365 Posts
radial wear waaaaaayyyyy better than bias on these heavy beasts. the big red now comes with the bighorn 2.0 which is radial. if you have origional big horns, maybe they were swapped or something.

if they are still in new condition i would say $300 so put them up at $350 so buyers can beat you down on price. now if you have the bias ply origional ones, i have no idea on value. i just know the bighorn 2.0 is well respected in the UTV community for their wear life and sidewall puncture resistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are on a new Big Red - tire manufacture date is 29th week of 2012 - so made late last year. They just say Maxxis Bighorn MU18 - 25x10.00-12 NHS 4 PR - They don't say Radial or Bias, but I inferred from size marking 25x10-12 vs 25x10R12 and Honda literature that they are bias. Any other way to tell?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S. If I put them up for sale - it will probably be tires and wheels - as new takeoffs - did you mean $350 for tires and wheels? Would I be better posting on dealer bulletin board or Craigs List and selling individually as Spares?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts