Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my Deposit in yesterday for my first leather suit. I can have it perforated for ventilation. Do those of you who have perforated suit ever wish it was not and on the flip side doe those without the perf ever with it was.

RAH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine's perforated, never regretted it for a second, especially when it's hot out. If you're riding in the cold, just wear thermals underneath.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't get it totally perforated. IIRC, I have about a 4" strip across the chest that is and I find that it's pretty good. Some days I wish it was more, some I wish it was less. It's a pretty good average I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My one piece for the track has a perfed chest and thigh area. For out here perf is the only way to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is not perforated and it is OK if you don't mind getting wet during the day. Some perforation would be good to have, but we live too far north to have a fully perfed suit unless you like the cold. ND4SPD's approach is likely a good one. I sweat on the really hot days, but don't freeze as much on the cooler ones.

Congrats on getting serious track wear :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Living in the High desert, I ride on the track (and street) in temps from the low 30s (winter months in the morning) up to the 110s. Personally, I would never buy a nonperfed suit. In temps 60 and above the perfs are awesome and welcome (and in the 90-110s pretty much necessary). Even with perfs I'm sweating when riding on the track when it's in the 60s.

For the winter mornings where the temps start out in the 30s and rise to low 60s in the day, I start out with a very thin windbreaker on underneath in the morning and in a couple hours it comes off. The front of the legs on my suit are perfed also, so on the really chilly mornings I sometimes throw on a tight thin pair of wind pants....but not too often.

So, after all that rambling...My vote is absolutely perfed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What will the suit be primarily used for? Track only? Track and street? If it'll be mostly for track use, then definitly perfed. My one piece Vanson has the chest and thighs fully perfed, but it never sees street use. For the street, I use my 'stich. I'm looking into a set of 2 piece leathers for the street, and they'll be perfed for the hot days, as I have the 'stich for long trips and the cool days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks one and all for the input. I have a a-stich now which I wore last year at gratton and will continue to use on the street. It seems that if I want a perfect suit I'll need some perf's.

:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:nod: Make sure there's a way for the air to escape too. Perf on the front won't do you any good if the air has nowhere to exit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:nod: Make sure there's a way for the air to escape too. Perf on the front won't do you any good if the air has nowhere to exit.
Excellent point, just like the older helmets had vents in the front (both above and below the eye port), they didn't have an exit path which rendered them pretty much useless except for fogging the visor.

I wouldn't consider going on the track with a non-perfed suit, even in 30 degree conditions. You sweat almost as much at the low temps once you get underway for a few laps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
phobiaphobe said:
Ever have a fart exit up through the collar, into your helmet? Me neither.
If I could only harness that into the fuel injection system, it could be worth 10 hp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
abtech said:
Excellent point, just like the older helmets had vents in the front (both above and below the eye port), they didn't have an exit path which rendered them pretty much useless except for fogging the visor.

I wouldn't consider going on the track with a non-perfed suit, even in 30 degree conditions. You sweat almost as much at the low temps once you get underway for a few laps.
30 degrees is snowmobile weather :eek:

I wish my suit had a bit more perforation as the high humidity lowers the rate of evaporation a bit :) Now the balmy Michigan days you could probably add an electric warmer...

·
Registered
8 Posts
sheepofblue said:
30 degrees is snowmobile weather :eek:

I wish my suit had a bit more perforation as the high humidity lowers the rate of evaporation a bit :) Now the balmy Michigan days you could probably add an electric warmer...
Most roadracing championships in Michigan are decided in 30 degree weather.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:plus1: for perf'd - absolutely. I ride in hot and cold weather in Idaho and at the tracks I've been to, and the perfs have almost never been a problem in cooler weather, but man are they great to have in hot weather. As has been said, you can always throw on a liner underneath to help out.

My suit also has some cool shoulder vents that do a good job of getting more air in over the shoulders and back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CBRVFR said:
Rich -

Who's making your suit?
Mr. Bill, ooooooh-noooooo.
Branacle Bill that is. I call New Enough and when I told them I was 6'4" they said " thats too bad, no suit for you!"

If all goes according to plan I should have the suit for Putnam.:thumb: :thumb:

ps- Bill said to say Hello, ask how you like your suit.

RAH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The BB suits breathe really well, and with a sweatshirt under, it's never too cold.

Tell Bill and Dorothea I like the suit, but those knee pucks that he said would never need to be replaced are long gone. (He looked at my inseam and offered to find some 6" thick ones for me!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts