Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a UTV to modify and make into a racing machine. I have researched all my options and I'm leaning towards a BigRed or Teryx.
After riding motocross for many years I have always riden honda's and love em.

Is it going to be worth buying a BigRed and waiting for aftermarket parts to come available or just buy a teryx and spend away.

Does any1 have any idea how long it will be before aftermarket stuff is available.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Like any new bike it takes time for the after market parts to become available. With that said though I would love to see a Honda tearing it up at races but if it was my money to spend than I would look at the Teryx, Rhino or Rzr for racing. The Honda though I love mine doesn't have the sporty feel that the others do and if I was in your position then I would most likely go with the Teryx.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Same opinion here. Honda makes a great machine however the BR leans more to utility than race. Look for the mods that will increase the horsepower to weight ratio then go racing! You can pull whatever UTV machine (or small trailer) you want with the Big red when have some bad luck at the track :thumb:

Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Definately not the Big Red. Too big and too under powered.

Yes, the Rincon one the Baja 1000 but with modifications from the factory and it's 4-wheel drive system pulled out.

Big Red is too big, too wide and just plain too under powered for a racer.

Good luck getting a digital box to increase your rev limitor and changing your power curves. If the aftermarket companies haven't come out wirh one that will do that for the 06-10 Rincon then they definately won't be doing it for the Big Red.

Best bet is a Teryx, Rhino or RZR.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Teryx sound far better for your needs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.