Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im needing a good touring jacket for a rather lengthy trip we are planning. Ive looked at some Firstgear, Tourmaster, Aerostich and the like but dont want to drop 250-300 bucks for a jacket when that money can buy tires or something else I also need. Theres a yellow/black Honda jacket in my closet that is made by Intersport. Its supposed to be water/wind proof though I havent tested it.
Any opinions on where I can get a good jacket? Ive checked my idea of the best place to shop, Newenough.com, and saw some potential choices. Also checked the old standby, Ebay.
All suggestions will be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know you've crossed the Aerostich off your list due to price, but you couldn't get a better touring jacket. Get the pants, too. Good protection, mostly waterproof. Check their site, as they do have discounted ones. Ones that folks returned, or whatever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old tourmaster jacket has served me in cold rainy weather for many years. I have ridden in it through thunderstorms without getting wet, and it is impervious to wind. I give their touring products a high recommendation (and I picked mine up on Ebay cheap).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your going to get what you pay for. I been through a lot of jackets/pants/chaps throughout the years. My most recently aquired gear is the Harley-Davidson FXRG jacket and overpant. I'm off the H-D bikes for now but I WILL OUT ditch the leathers. Best money I sent ever for touring style gear. Expensive though due to the Harley label. The closest I've found to the FXRG line is the Tourmaster Magnum jacket and Apex pants. They advertise all-weather useablilty and are a fraction of the cost. Check it out here Tour Master / Cortech

1 - 5 of 5 Posts