Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to control the transmission in the Big Red? My Rubicon's have two modes; Auto or push button shift. It sure would be nice to keep my big red from up shifting when pulling hard or steep climbing. Any ideas how to control shift points or any upgrades in the works? How about a low range upgrade someone.:huh:

Reactions: sfrankland

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, there isn't on the Big Red, the problem is on the Rincon (same motor and transmission, just different driven gears) you have ESP (just like your Rubicon) but for the Big Red Honda took this option out. Now you could possible plug in a '09/10 Rincon computer box, wiring harness and ESP switch but you will be getting the shift pattern for the Rincon and it would act just like Rincon with the Big Red Gears in it, it throws the shift points off, I know I have a '03 Rincon with the 26% lower Big Red Gears in it and the shift Points are off!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.