Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to XT downloads? I got the s/w and set it up on USB. 'doz seems to recognize the device fine but when I follow the directions it just sits there (the timer shows uploading status). Any hints? I tried a dark room to eliminate ambient light.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok look at the little computers on the actual xt. that is the IRtransmitter that sends the signal, and not the big blue one at the end of the 20" cable (reciever). it does not esplain it in the manual. kinda one of those ah shit thats why they put that pic of the computers there.:rotfl: also make sure you have the right version and com port.

rep me biatch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a trick to XT downloads? I got the s/w and set it up on USB. 'doz seems to recognize the device fine but when I follow the directions it just sits there (the timer shows uploading status). Any hints? I tried a dark room to eliminate ambient light.

Thanks
SoB,

My guess is that you are aligning the IR ports on the two units, instead of the IR port on the USB unit to the "PC" LED on the face of the timer unit... Ambient light is not a problem unless it is very bright, they seem to read just fine within a few inches of each other in my office...

This is poorly explained in the manual, but if you look at the little picture on the label of the software CD, it shows how to orient the USB reader to "see" the transmit LED on the timer unit.

If that doesn't help, I can send you a pic....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I would have figured that out next century. Sorry about the poor description but it was late and I had been tail chasing all day so was a bit punchie :down: (though it was in the MOTORCYCLE electronics area :p )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts