Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate taking riders, but I have been getting bugged this past weekend after being gone for most of it riding without her.

I have to pick up something in a medium, but not sure if I'm gonna spend a ton on a lid that isn't gonna get used lots. What helmets do you guys have for spare riders? I have arai's and shoei's for myself but all in XL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH man don't make this mistake. Back in the day of taking passengers around I thought this would be a genius idea. I thought well if I get a dirt bike helmet I would have something for when I go snowmobiling, dirtbiking, in town rides, etc. Well the visor broke immediately from smacking my helmet and the mouth piece was a constant pain in my shoulders and back. My girl ended up getting a bike otherwise I would have replaced it with anything ASAP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a new HJC off of ebay from a guy who bought it as a passenger helmet, then it proceed to sit in his closet until I bought it. Paid $ 52 bux including shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand where you're coming from about not wanting to buy a good, expensive helmet for her. But, that's the last place you should skimp. If she wants to go riding with you, how about she purchase her own helmet? A good one, not some cheap POS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She got my old HJC....but she wants one that actually fits her head better, so we are in the market for a new one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She got my old HJC....but she wants one that actually fits her head better, so we are in the market for a new one.
You are a firefighter and a paramedic and you didn't think that she needed a helmet that actually fits her?:idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Firefighter/EMT-B.....so i am not that deep into it. She does need something that fits her....I just recently within this month got my own helmet and am letting her use mine. We are working on buying a new one because the weather has been nice enough to ride. The only defense i have to that is that i am broke and any helmet is better than no helmet! :smilebig:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the one thing I won't let her do, is use one of my helmets. If she is gonna be on the back of my bike it has to be with a helmet that fits properly. Not one that could spin or come off her head.

I will look at the HJC helmets. Just checking ebay seems I could get a decent one in the low $100's. Unless anyone has an extra medium helmet for sale? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That icon for $109 seems to be great. I'm about to order it! Thanks for the link! That red should match most of my helmets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scorpions arent overly expensive either..my girlfriend rocks a KBC that we got on clearance up here at a stealership going out of business

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
check e-bay you may be able to get lucky on there, also you might want to check out the local stealerships for closeouts on some of their merchandise from last year. :twocents:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
vega makes great helmets and they are always under $200 I got a buddy thats a heavy racer and that s all he wears and has crashed 3 of there helmets and his squash is still intact. He's got me hooked on em. The other option I considered is the new scorpion craze. some cool design but little pricier than a vega. VEGA all the way. Someone object?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.