Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some replacement 6mm shouldered screws and nut clips that hold the plastic trim under the seats on my BR, they strip out very easy. I see them at the dealer but are 4 dollars + each. Anyone have a source w/o breaking the bank? Part # 90103-HF1-670 is the screw and 90323-SE0-000 is the nut clip.
I would like to buy a few so I have them on hand. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a Phillips head, but they are a shoulder bolt

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the ones that hold the safety net or. The back of the head rest?
Sorry I don't understand your thought? The ones you mention are different. I am just looking for somewhere to buy replacement screws as the cost of $4.93 each from the local Honda dealer seams very high to me and I would like to have some on hand. I guess I will just have to pay the price if no one can help.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I can pick them up at the local hardware stores (Home Depot) here for a couple of cents per piece. That said I am in Canada but everything sold here is still imperial with the metric stuff usually in a small forgotten section of the store. Also what about online sites or eBay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I can buy 6mm metric bolts at the hardware store here also but these bolts are a shoulder bolt. That means the shoulder and threads are different sizes and the shoulder holds the plastic in place and stops the nut from crushing the plastic so it can have a small amount of movement. I will see if I can find some bushing material to go around a 6mm bolt so I can accomplish the same thing. Thanks to all for your thoughts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry I don't understand your thought? The ones you mention are different. I am just looking for somewhere to buy replacement screws as the cost of $4.93 each from the local Honda dealer seams very high to me and I would like to have some on hand. I guess I will just have to pay the price if no one can help.
I was asking if anyone knew what kind of head the bolts have behind the head rest and that hold the safety nets together. Had nothing to do with your question. My badd

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was asking if anyone knew what kind of head the bolts have behind the head rest and that hold the safety nets together. Had nothing to do with your question. My badd
I get it now sorry, they are a socket head cap screw. I have a set of metric allen wrenches for these. I have damaged a couple of these too but have replaced them with metric socket head cap screws off the shelf at the local hardware store. The head is a little different but they work well. I don't know who makes Honda's bolts but they are very soft material and damage easy. Hope this helps

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it done bought some 6mm hex head bolts. Also bought some plastic bushings that were 3/8" OD and drilled out to fit tight in bolts. Problen solved they even had the 6mm clip nuts. Cost about 5 bucks for 6 each.

·
Registered
148 Posts
"Problen solved they even had the 6mm clip nuts"..Who is they? These screws are a POS! I think the heads are made of aluminum foil? i will definately using never seize on the reinstall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.