Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a 50/50 here.
Do you wear your gloves over your leathers or under??
I wear mine over,but a few new riding mates wear them under.
I think when riding air can get under your leathers when wearing them under,good to keep you cool on a hot day,BUT,others i ride with say over, that way no air up your leathers.
I think its personal choice, but it looks better over,more aerodynamic when going fast!!
What do you think?:idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not possible to close the zip of proper fit leathers over gloves with wrist protectors.......they are simply too tight so for me it's not an option to wear it inside.....but I prefer it outside

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mates got one of those mesh jackets with the kevlar protectors in it,its a shift jacket looks really good,and he fits his gloves under it.
Like i said not my style. Oh well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant see who I could get them over - most of mine only fit under, they are snug around the wrists.
But I rip the jacket sleeves down of the gloves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely outside so everyone can see the fringe flying in the breeze. Kidding.

Outside as that is how they appear to be designed to be worn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a pair of long ones that go over for colder weather. But I also have a shorter pair that go under. Both are joe rocket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wear my leather (accualy leather/plastics) gloves ALPS always under. That's what they are made for, its how they fit. They won't go under leathers (like someone already mentioned) and no mater how tight you'd try to make them, the will still make the funnel (to go over the leathers sleeves).
And it woould look stupid standing, even more so riding - with all the air going in. Not mentioning being slower due to air resinstance...

My other gloves I wear for street riding (MX style) they obviously go under jacket.

Never tried these gloves with my one-piece lethers before, when I think about it... I'd wear sandals too I think.... :)
Sorry got carried away too far..

Anyway. Some things are designed and work only one way. Unless some idiot makes it look "cool" I'd say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is probably better to wear your gloves over your leathers in case of an accident because if your leathers are over your gloves then they will "ruffle" and pull your leathers up your arm and i am sure you get the picture......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is probably better to wear your gloves over your leathers in case of an accident because if your leathers are over your gloves then they will "ruffle" and pull your leathers up your arm and i am sure you get the picture......

Good logic. Also keeps bugs from finding their way into the sleeve.

I always wear the gauntlet over the jacket. The other way just feels and looks weird.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i were on the track and concerned about tenths of seconds i would probably wear long gloves outside of leathers, but for now i'll wear my short glove under my textile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it actually depends on the jacket and glove. a sport cut jacket will probably be too tight at the wrist to fit anything under it. and gauntlet style gloves are made to fit over leather jacket sleeves.

the same can be said about pants boots. most leather sport pants are made to fit inside boots and most boots are made to fit the pants inside. but there are some exceptions. look at Rossi, his Dianese pants are made to fit over his Dianese boots.

its all about how it the piece was designed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wear short Joe Rocket gloves, and an Icon textile jacket....the sleeves are too loose to shove under the short glove, so... makes that an easy choice:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most of the jackets are made to be worn under the gauntlet of the glove, that is why they have the zipper at the cuff end of the sleeve. So you can get your hand out but still make it tight enough to fit under the glove. Some jackets (ICON for sure) are not made for the track but to provide good protection with free movement for the everyday rider. The cuffs on those are loose enough to have the gauntlet under the sleeve of the jacket. I do this with my ICON motorhead and my long wrist gloves. I have never felt air blow in (or water in the rain for that matter) and certainly never a bug.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gloves over jacket. I think in the case of a crash, the glove gauntlet is there to assist in keeping the jacket sleeve from riding up your arm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If your gloves will fit under the sleeve. The sleeve is the wrong size, and is not protective gear under any circumstances.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.