Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really motivated to get out and ride this weekend. I couldn't ride last weekend, and was jonesing.

So, I did all kinds of prep to get the bike perfect. I pulled the carb and changed some jetting which has been off since I did motor work. I mounted up a new S2 rear tire. New air filter, new plug, bike was set. Also new Dainese elbow guards for me. Needless to say, I was stoked to go. While I had it apart for the tire I decide to repack the suspension linkage which was nasty after a year of riding. As I'm torquing in the bolts Sat night, I forget they're lubed from sliding through the grease and end up overtorquing, and destroying, one of the nuts. :crap:

My riding buddies where busy so I'm going alone. The hell with it, I'll take the dog for company and get a new nut on the way in. I load up everything and realize my wallet is with my cell phone, with my GF, in her truck, at her work about 30 miles away. My truck is outta gas. Damn. I'm going riding though dammit! I manage to scrounge about $16 in quarters, dimes and nickels together for fuel (and a nut for the linkage from Kragan) and go down to Hollister. Totally worth it. The weather was perfect, and with a bit of airscrew work I got the jetting very close.

It ended up being the best day of dirt riding I've had on the bike! :) I loved this tire, a little less outright grip than my MH2 had, but much more predictable on the slide. The motor just rips after some work by Eric Gorr and the new tire meant I could actually use it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Riding alone can be fun. No waiting for anyone to catch up and no eating anyones dust. :D

The weather was perfect here as well. I took the CRF out to the sand dunes on Sat. and Sun. for the first time and it was definitely the best riding I've done on the new bike. :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I rode my XR100 pit bike up to the watertowers at WSIR as I was racing this weekend, does that count? :) :) I always keep change and small bills stashed around the house and truck for just such emergencys :thumb:

F

·
0 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
I always keep change and small bills stashed around the house and truck for just such emergencys :thumb:
You mean like having a girlfriend?? :)
Fig

A

·
0 Posts
Went up to Ballinger Canyon with a friend for the weekend! 84 miles of what seemed like mostly single track. I have recently developed Arthritis in my Hip and its a mutha ... but Im riding anyway!

I swithched bikes for my buddies DRZ400E ... and it was sooo much plusher than my WR400 plus the seat was actually comfortable compared to the wooden YZ plank I have on my bike. It handled great and has plenty of Power.:D Too bad I had to give it back so soon!

Let me see :huh: Plusher suspension,comfortable seat and the button = less fatigue, more confidence , more efficiency and more fun!

I need a new bike ... besides I think my WR would make a fine SUPERMOTO.:eyebrows:

Cant wait to go again! :smilebig:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts