Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me why the Honda 4,000# winch kit comes with the corded remote and a place to plug in the rocker switch but not the rocker switch?:mad: The rocker switch comes with all the Warn packaged 4,000# kits? Honda dropped the ball again for those of us wanting to add a plow and need the rocker switch.
On top of that the plug mounts inside the back wall of the glove box so it isn't very handy to get to when you need to plug in the remote cord.:idunno:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I am in the process of making a custom mount for my plow and picked up a cheap 1500lb winch for lifting the blade. Using a winch for snow plowing is hard on them. I will post a few pics tomorrow when I get some more done.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the process of making a custom mount for my plow and picked up a cheap 1500lb winch for lifting the blade. Using a winch for snow plowing is hard on them. I will post a few pics tomorrow when I get some more done.
Love pics of homemade stuff. will await pics

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Honda and was told it was left out for safety reasons. Honda feels you shouldn't run your winch if you are in the machine. I ask about snow plowing and was told that is why the pig tail to plug into was in the harness so owners could add a dash mounted switch. I guess I will buy a momentary on off on switch and mount to my dash.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Here is what I made up for my plow. It is a $15 winch which is better to to lift the blade with then the Warn winch that is on the bike. I still have a little more to fab up yet but I am sure you get the idea. Will post more later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.