Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is working out very well. I used 14ga. steel had shearing and bending done at local sheet metal shop and windshield and vent holes were cut with water cutting tool that cuts with water under very high pressure. no damage to metal that way. I have to finish up with mounting and wiper holes, clean up grinding and off to the powder coating shop. Local glass store will cut and install glass and rubber seal for $125.00. I will have less that $300 in the project including the wipers from and old mail Jeep.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing to mine once I build the cage extension over the rear bed. Looks really good. I have attached a few photos of my wiper setup and the windshield wash setup. I used arms off a Dodge Caravan which reduced the amount of cutting and drilling into the hood.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfrankland,
Very nice wiper set up. Good Job :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windshield steel is flat except for the sides has a 1" X 90 degree bend and is 26" top to bottom. Water jet just cut the holes for the vents and windshield. Vent holes are 1" X 6" and the windshield hole is 1 1/2" smaller than the inside of the roll bar on both sides and the top and I used a coffee can lid for the corners. The bottom part with the vent holes will stay on the machine at all times and is 6 3/4" X 63" bent at 4", 2",3/4" and cut around the dash area. The windshield section will bolt across the bottom and at the roll bar two bolt connection on the sides and will be removed in the summer. I should get it back from powder coating Tuesday and get the glass cut and installed. Will post pictures when installed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finished up my windshield and have tried and tried but for some reason I can;t pos
t the pictures today. Don't ask me why, but I will keep trying.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The white areas under the windshield are strip magnets plugging the vent holes. I will paint them when I figure what I want to do. Could just put the letters H O N D A. They can be removed for air flow in the summer. All in all I am very happy and have a few finishing touches to do touching up and painting brackets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.