Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this work table? I saw a posting for them on another board a while back, but when I went back to find out more I couldn't locate the info. They're all metal construction and would be perfect for my garage and at the track. I just can't find them!

View attachment 16405

·
Registered
175 Posts
:eek:

That is one bad ass old Yammie!

·
Registered
175 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
That's not what I thought an R7 looked like. I'll bet EVL_TWN could identify it.
It's definately not an R7.

I think it's an FZR750 OW01 with some really neat kit parts added on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned 3 of those at one time. If you had a 250, you had one of those. I forget who made the ones I had, but he used to have an ad in the back of Cycle News in the classifieds

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
abtech said:
I owned 3 of those at one time. If you had a 250, you had one of those. I forget who made the ones I had, but he used to have an ad in the back of Cycle News in the classifieds
Did you like them? Worth it? I was thinking about just dropping some $$$ on a lift table, and if I recall those tables were like $275 plus shipping anyways. Of course the portability is definitely attractive, where a lift table probably wouldn't get dragged anywhere!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a similar one at Putnam last year, but it was homemade. Had a fitting on the end that allowed it to be used as a ramp to unload the bikes, then the legs folded out to make it into a work table.... :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luvtolean said:
It's definately not an R7.

I think it's an FZR750 OW01 with some really neat kit parts added on.
Maybe that's what they were talking about... The thread I grabbed it from was talking about the OW01, but the caption mentioed R7. :idunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
southpark460 said:
Did you like them? Worth it? I was thinking about just dropping some $$$ on a lift table, and if I recall those tables were like $275 plus shipping anyways. Of course the portability is definitely attractive, where a lift table probably wouldn't get dragged anywhere!
They are light enough for one person to move in and out of the trailer, about the right height for working from a rollaround and break down reasonably quickly. They are really designed for a 125 or 250 and unless you have a fairly short wheelbase (51" to 53"), you'll be end to end without any room for stands. Also, consider how you will get the bike onto the bench. With the 250s I would just lift the front onto the bench, hold onto the seat and move around, grab the swingarm on both sides and lift the rear onto the table. Try that with your RC and it may get interesting . . . I had a ramp that I never used because it was a no brainer with a 215 pound bike. I now own an air driven direct lift that I got primarily for the cruiser, but the RC spends quite a bit of time on it as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
abtech said:
They are light enough for one person to move in and out of the trailer, about the right height for working from a rollaround and break down reasonably quickly. They are really designed for a 125 or 250 and unless you have a fairly short wheelbase (51" to 53"), you'll be end to end without any room for stands. Also, consider how you will get the bike onto the bench. With the 250s I would just lift the front onto the bench, hold onto the seat and move around, grab the swingarm on both sides and lift the rear onto the table. Try that with your RC and it may get interesting . . . I had a ramp that I never used because it was a no brainer with a 215 pound bike. I now own an air driven direct lift that I got primarily for the cruiser, but the RC spends quite a bit of time on it as well.
I found these after a lengthy search. They don't look bad, but I'm not a big fan of the split top, and with a 500lb rating the RC doesn't leave a lot of margin! Of course, it does make it easier to store it when it's not being used. I'll probably just save up and spring for a lift and be done with it...

View attachment 16418

1 - 11 of 11 Posts