Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of picking one of these up and not sure if I want to mount the receiver in the front or on the tail. Any thoughts? :allears:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What is better 20" or 6'

I got the 20" and mount it on the side of the rc over the radiator (nice flat area) However you could get a 6' and just fold it then zip strip the excess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What is better 20" or 6'

sheepofblue said:
I got the 20" and mount it on the side of the rc over the radiator (nice flat area) However you could get a 6' and just fold it then zip strip the excess
Got a pic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the short but wish I had bought the longer cable. With the long cable you can mount the receiver on your rear cowling and easily aim it either left or right depending on the track/beacon location

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red Rider said:
I bought the short but wish I had bought the longer cable. With the long cable you can mount the receiver on your rear cowling and easily aim it either left or right depending on the track/beacon location
Then where does your passenger ride :lilangel:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red Rider said:
That is what I was thinking. It seems like it would be a lot easier to set it up and not add anymore cables up front. Or I could just go with gt702's idea and have the passenger hold it along with the video camera as well...Any takers?:fear:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a picture of a mounting location for the timer. I velcro mine on top of my Speedo and then a piece of velcro on each side of the fairing so that I am able to move it depending on which side the beacon is on. Soemone else mentioned that they wish they had gotton the longer cable and I am in complete agreement with them. Buy the longer cable, it gives you more mounting options IMO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I was slow as I was putting a belt on the truck. Nickelii beat me to it. That is also where mine is. I also have one of these to mount the timer. I can just swap forks if the beacon is on the other side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sheepofblue said:
Sorry I was slow as I was putting a belt on the truck. Nickelii beat me to it. That is also where mine is. I also have one of these to mount the timer. I can just swap forks if the beacon is on the other side.
Do you look at your speedo while you are at the track?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sheepofblue said:
No although it is not covered. I seldom even looked at the timer until after the session.
I have to cover my speedo, only looked at it once! I also find that I never look at the temperature gauge when I'm a the track, do you guys? I know that is a bad habit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the pics and opinions. I went with the 6-foot cable. The more options the better. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nickelii said:
I have to cover my speedo, only looked at it once! I also find that I never look at the temperature gauge when I'm a the track, do you guys? I know that is a bad habit.
Rc temperature gauges only read a bazillion degrees :idunno: Of course as far as gauges I think Abtech has none of any sort on his.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sheepofblue said:
No although it is not covered. I seldom even looked at the timer until after the session.
If you look at the Speedo or Temp on your bike you are wasting part of your ten dollars that you have to spend :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Purpdust said:
If you look at the Speedo or Temp on your bike you are wasting part of your ten dollars that you have to spend :D
:nod: and I only have $5.75 to start with :crap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts